1.28.2008

starting week 4.

Yesterday was a great day! The weather FINALLY warmed up enough for me to run outside. I was at Target on Saturday and they had some winter workout clothes on super sale...so I picked up a moisture wicking fleece top and a cute fleece zip up vest ($16 for both items!). I also plotted out a 5 mile route in my neighborhood. I drove it today after Logan's tumble class just to make sure it was 5 miles...it's actually 5.4 miles. Anyway- back to yesterday's run...it was great. And I was SO happy with my time- just over 54 minutes. I converted what would have been an 8K (4.97 miles) and multiplied that by my average pace time per mile (9:57) and it came to a sub 50:00 (my goal for the Shuffle)!!! I can't believe I kept up that pace for over 5 miles...at this rate, I'll have no problem finishing the Shuffle at my goal time.

It was a good thing I did a 5 miler yesterday, as we went for dinner with Matt's brothers and their wives to Cheesecake Factory. We had such a good time! Logan stayed behind and hung out with his big cousins. He LOVES spending time with his cousins. :)

As for week 4 of training, I'm repeating week 2 of the intermediate program. I repeated week 1 and I'm repeating week 2...so I should be in good form with a decent base from here on out. Today was a rough 3 miles on the treadmill. For some goofy reason, my Monday runs are always rough. Probably because I'm still trying to recover from my long runs on Sunday. Hal, I love you and hate you at the same time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment