1.16.2008

my good deed for the day.

Today's run started off interesting! Wednesdays are my 30 minute tempo runs. I started out on the same route as last week. I got about a block away from my house and I hear this dog barking at me. I look...and it's just standing there, barking at me, no leash, no owner...nothing. So I keep running, and realize the pup is following me. I really didn't want to give up my momentum, but I didn't want the dog to get hurt or lost following me, so I stopped my watch and gingerly walked to the dog to check it's tags. The pup let me pick it up (it's name is Tobby) and carry it the 2 blocks to it's home. I have no idea if the dog was a boy or girl. So anyway, I dropped off the pup and resumed my run.

It was windy today, but the temps weren't too bad. The weather is going to get super cold this weekend, so it's looking like today was my last chance for an outside run. I picked up a new pair of running long pants at Target (in petite length, can you believe it?) and they worked very nicely. I tend to sweat a lot and I love moisture wicking pants because you can't see the sweat. :) I altered my route a little bit and ended up at 3.25 miles in 31:30- still under a 9:45 pace...I'm happy with that!!

Training this week is really going well. I'm getting to the point where I'm actually looking forward to my runs. Hoping that continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment