1.08.2008

catching up to the present.

After my "spectacular" performance at the half marathon...my allergies started seriously acting up. My head was congested and aching, I was coughing, my throat was sore and it continued for a few weeks. I can't run sick, so I took some time off and only ran on days I was feeling decent. Thank goodness this decided to wait till after the race though! I felt so guilty for not running, but I didn't want to push myself. I found that running on a non-regular basis is kind of like riding a bike- my body for the most part was able to get right back into running 4 miles...albeit slow.

Soon, the new I-355 extension was due to open up and I found out there was going to be a 5K on the new1.25 mile DesPlaines River Valley bridge on November 11. So I registered, and my husband did too, and one of my best friends Eunice was going to run it with us. I didn't train for this race, but I did want to try to accomplish a PR. I found out when we arrived at the race that it was not timed, so a PR wasn't happening...but it was a super cool experience. In December, I began to round up some girls to run the Shamrock Shuffle 8K in Chicago on March 30! I'd heard it was a fun race, so I registered on January 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment