1.14.2008

repeating week 1.

Since I have 11 weeks till race day and the training program is only 8 weeks, I decided that this week will be a repeat of week 1. Today was a BORING 3 mile run on the treadmill (but I listened to my new playlist so that was fun) followed by 15 minutes of strength training. Wow- do I dislike free weights. Ugh. I wouldn't ordinarily mind them too much, but my husband trains with much more weight than I do, and we have the weights where you add/remove the heavy discs...ugh. This is the main reason I don't do more with weights. I guess picking up and putting down Logan works to an extent...but if I want to strengthen my upper body, I'm going to start weight training 1 or 2 times a week. Ooooh...light bulb moment! I have a few Pilates DVDs and space in the basement to do them! Maybe with Friday's strengthening workout I'll pop one of those in. Great idea!

On the Logan-front- he did the CUTEST thing yesterday. We were visiting my husband's brother and his family...the boys spent the afternoon watching football and I had some girl talk with my sister-in-law. Anyway, my SIL started tickling Logan while saying "tickle, tickle" and Logan started mimicking her! He starts saying "tickle, tickle, tickle" and sticks out his tongue and makes this little noise...SO CUTE! Man...he is just blowing me away with the things he can do these days. I'm such a proud mom. :)

Also- I'm looking into planning a small getaway weekend with my sisters. I did some research and am possibly interested in running the Country Music 1/2 Marathon in Nashville on April 26. Nothing is set in stone yet, but if I can make this happen...how fun!! A weekend of running and partying...what better way to spend a spring weekend! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment