1.13.2008

training- week 1 complete.

1 week down...11 to go! I missed the Monday run, but will resume Monday runs tomorrow.

Week 1 was a success all in all. Ran my first tempo run...did 2 runs outside in 30 degree temps. That in itself is an accomplishment for me! I don't mind running in the cold! Today my fingers felt like they were going to freeze off, but I didn't mind it because it kept my mind off the distance. I did 4 miles today. I ran on the street and I totally felt like a pain in the butt how all the cars were swerving around me. But I'm much more comfortable on the asphalt than sidewalk. I do have one traffic light each mile that I got stuck at twice which was a bit annoying, and I had to toss my water because I got tired of holding it for 1+ miles. (score for me though because I tossed it in a trash can!)

I updated my playlist a bit...so now I'm jamming to some new music. My favorite is a song my little sister Lindsay's college a cappella group performed and recorded last spring and she's on lead vocals! It's a version of Dixie Chicks "I Can Love You Better". Lindsay sounds amazing...

In other news...Logan is walking more and more- and his new favorite word is "no". No. No. No. (insert eyeroll). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment