1.05.2008

my history.

My love for running began about 5 years ago, in February, 2003. I was being married in June, 2003 and had vowed to lose 25 pounds for it. Of course, being the procrastinator that I am, I put off dieting and exercise until the very last minute. I started out on the elliptical machine and liked it, but it didn't seem to be the workout I was looking for. So I used the elliptical to warm up, and then I started jogging on the treadmill. When I started out, I was winded before I completed the first block. But I was able to slowly build up to jogging for 25 minutes (this was before I'd heard about the Couch to 5K program) straight...about 2 miles. Before I knew it, I was running 2-3 miles 5-6 times a week, and the extra weight started melting off. My obsession began and soon, I was running for many reasons besides weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment