1.08.2008

training begins.

Well, today marks the first day of training for the Shamrock Shuffle. I'm following Hal Higdon's Intermediate 8K training program. Since Hal helped me train for the half, I'm thinking if it ain't broke...don't fix it!

As far as goals for this race...I would like to finish in 50 minutes. That's kind of ambitious for me...but I'll try my best!

My run today took place on my treadmill. It felt great- for the most part. Today I wasn't looking forward to my run for some reason...it will be better tomorrow when I can get outside!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at Shamrock Shuffle . . . my husband and I are running this for the first time and looking forward to it. Looks like we've been at the same races; I participated in the Banco Popular Half Marathon too, and my husband and I both did the Veteran's Memorial. Good luck training!

    ReplyDelete