5.11.2010

the night of game 6.

Let's hope the Chicago Blackhawks clean up the series tonight against the Vancouver Canucks! Go Hawks! The Hawks are up 3 games to 2 and can finish it off tonight. Then on to the semi-finals and a couple more weeks till The Stanley Cup. Hockey season is painfully long. Can you tell I am not a big hockey fan? The puck is so small and whizzes by so fast I can never tell what is going on. But my husband loves the sport, so I'm forced to watch it by default. I'd much rather tell you about our tasty dinner tonight!

I made Taco Soup. The recipe could not be easier. Thanks to my friend Dee for sharing it! I had a dollop of lowfat sour cream on mine and topped it with crushed tortilla chips for a delightful crunch. The result? Delish!

Recipe: Taco Soup
Source: Unknown

3 cans Great Northern Beans, drained/rinsed- feel free to mix up the beans, use pinto, black, kidney, or a combination.
1 can diced tomatoes in juice
2 cans Mexicorn
1 taco seasoning packet
1 Fiesta Ranch packet
1 can water

Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan, stir and simmer for an hour. Ladle into bowls and serve hot.

* I used 1 can of low-sodium beans and no-salt tomatoes- it was still pretty salty.
** Other topping ideas: diced avocado, shredded chicken or beef, chopped red onion, minced jalapeno peppers, chopped cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment