5.24.2010

insta-summer!

It's happened before...unseasonably cool weather one week, unbelieveably hot and humid weather the next. So why I am at all surprised at the jump in mercury is beyond me. I love summer, but 90s and humid is a little much. I did a 6.5 mile run yesterday at 7:30 in the morning...whoa, was it tough. I had a rough time staying cool and hydrated and the temps were only in the 70s! I'm thinking maybe I overdid it because I had about a quarter mile left and I started getting chills- not good. I think I need to invest in a hydration belt to keep myself from over-heating. On the plus side though, I was at sub-9 minute miles...so I'm definitely improving on the speed front!

I have quite a few trips to the city planned for the summer so far, both with and without my boys. I'm kicking it off with a jaunt with my girlfriends to see Sex and the City 2 followed by an early dinner. Should be quite a blast! I hope the movie is better than the trailer makes it out to be. The most awesome thing about the trailer is AIDAN. Love him, though I'm big on Big also. :) Looking forward to seeing what the fabulous forty-something foursome has in store for us this time, which is probably the last time. But we said that when the first SATC movie came out, so who knows.

Then some more city fun is planned for race-day weekend!!! Even though my cousin Dana is not running the half with me (BUMMER), she and her boyfriend are still coming to Chicago that weekend to hang out with us! How cool is that!

The past couple days were filled with fun in the baby pool. We have a little plastic pool and a slide set up in our backyard so the boys have been having so much fun keeping cool. Meyer is all over the place, climbing in the water, out of the water, up the slide...the kid loves the water. And Logan is splish splashing away and having a ball. Which results in an awesome long naptime and break for mommy. :)

After naps, it's time for a trip to the store. When it comes to clothing for the boys, I completely under-estimate sizes. Meyer is so tiny that I thought he'd be swimming in 12-18 month clothes. Um, no. They fit him perfectly. I have 3 outfits that still have tags on them though so I'm off to exchange them for a bigger size. Lesson learned. Then it's salads for dinner!! I made this amazing chicken breast recipe this weekend and have leftovers so I'm just slicing it into salads at my husband's request...delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment