5.02.2010

another weekend gone.

What a busy weekend. The busier the weekend, the faster it goes, so maybe the weekends need to all be lazy. Novel idea. But totally unrealistic, of course.

Friday was awesome. The boys and I started the morning with a 4 mile run, and then headed to a playdate. Logan had so much fun playing with the other kids' toys that I had a hard time getting him to leave! I had a good time too, catching up with friends, girl talk and eating some yummy taco soup! After naps, it was off to the park with another friend and her 3 boys. Talk about outnumbered! It was also Kentucky Derby weekend, so Matt was getting ready for his picks and picked up a racing form on the way home. Watched The House Bunny (one of my picks for worst movie ever, yet I couldn't stop watching!).

Saturday consisted of a little Meyer and Mommy time. We went shopping! And Meyer was SUCH a good boy. He loves the shopping cart and got to ride in at least 5 of them. :) I was on the hunt for shower curtain fabric. I fell in love with this and am trying to recreate it in my house.



We ran some errands and had sub sandwiches at Jersey Mike's. Yum. I have a new sub shop favorite!! We headed home and Matt left for Arlington with his brother...Super Saver was not a super winner in our house this year.

Today was perfect. My long run was 7 miles today...my longest run in a long time! It gives me hope that I can finish the half at around 2 hours. That would be amazing! Then it was off to Pump It Up for a birthday celebration for a special 4 year old. Logan had never been to one of these places before and he absolutely loved it. He wasn't so sure about the slides, but he had a blast running around with his friends and jumping and climbing all over the place. I didn't tell him that he's going 2 more times this month, for more birthday celebrations. :)

Oh, the weekend, how I wish you could last forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment