6.08.2010

here's the plan, stan.

Why is it that the week before a big race I stress out about the tiniest details? Well, maybe my concerns are valid, because it's supposed to be muggy, hot and rainy the day of my race...and one of my concerns is proper hydration. I haven't been able to acclimate myself to hot weather running as much as I'd like, so I'm going to take my friend Missy's advice and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!! I just hope I can keep my potty breaks to a minimum.

It looks like I'm driving into the city for the race. I was trying to avoid that by taking public transportation, but all the trains from the burbs to the city won't get me to the south shore until AFTER the race has begun. My best bet is to park in the south loop and take the Metra Electric line to the South Shore stop. The problem with this scenario? I have to be in the city by 5:00 in the morning. Which means I'll be over an hour and a half early for the race. No fun if I have to hang out in the rain!

Speaking of Stan...the Chicago Blackhawks brought the Stanley Cup home to Chicago!! How awesome for our city. So the Cup has been making it's way around the city...pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment