6.06.2010

fuel belt, schmuel belt.

The boys and I spent a lovely afternoon with Grandma (my mom) and Gigi (my grandma) today! Gigi's company was a nice surprise...she has problems with her knee and walking long distances is difficult for her. But she did great today! Sunshine, burgers and beer outside, girl talk...what more could you ask for?

The plan was to stop off at the running store for a fuel belt for my race on Sunday. I definitely need to carry water to keep myself hydrated in case the temps soar like they are supposed to. In Chicago, you never know. We walked in, I tried one on, liked the fit, and then I looked at the price tag. Um, $50 for a velcro belt and 4 attached water bottles? A bit too pricy for me! So I inconspicuously put it back right where I found it.

The other plan was to play at the park after lunch, but the weather started to look dicey so we headed into the bookstore so Logan could play with the train table. He could spend hours with a train table and gladly would have...as you can probably guess, the inevitable meltdown occurred as we were leaving. No park after that and we headed back home.



Then I did a little bit of research on fuel belts. See, this information would have helped BEFORE I went to the store, as I found that Amphipod makes an ergonomic hand held water bottle/strap that also has a pocket. I'm used to carrying my uncomfortable water bottle in my hand, so this would be fine for me. And at under $20- cost-efficient too. Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment