11.01.2010

favorite snacks!

I thought it would be fun to get a few new ideas for kidlet snacktime. If your kids are like mine, they ask for snacks or treats all.day.long. It doesn't really help that both my boys are complete sugar addicts. I have tried going the healthy route- almonds, honey, natural peanut butter- most the time it's a no-go. It's like they have some kind of treat radar and can automatically detect if a snack has health benefits and if so, they refuse.

So please share a comment here if you have a no-fail treat solution for your little ones!

My contribution: healthy it is not, at least not completely, but it is a total hit in my house and it will surely satisfy Mom's craving for a Thin Mint!

Quaker Chewy Chocolatey Mint
Granola Bars

2 comments:

  1. Have mixed the nuts with the honey? Or how bout apples (particularly Granny Smith) dipped in honey? Mmm so maybe not so much for the kidlets but you should try it! Tastes like champagne! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls love Veggie Straws (http://www.sensibleportions.com/). Their apple straws are amazing too (they remind me of the cinnamon crisps from Taco Bell). They have a chocolate something too, but we've never tried them. I buy the Veggie Straws in a huge bag from Costco - the girls are always asking for "veggie fries".

    ReplyDelete