11.06.2010

chick-fil-a has landed!

Well, actually 2 Chick-Fil-A restaurants have opened in the past month or so here in the Chicago area. Unfortunately (or maybe it's a good thing!) neither one is super close to me. But thanks to some clever route re-arranging, I was able to stop at one on my way home from a friend's house yesterday. Imagine that!

I had had Chick-Fil-A only once before- while visiting my aunt in Florida a few years ago. So the time had come to give it a try again...and the fact that I could drive there rather than fly, well, that was an added bonus!

The menu is all chicken. And waffle fries. And this delectable sounding peppermint chocolate chip milkshake I didn't see until after I placed my order. I'm all about the spice, so I ordered up the spiciest sounding offering on the menu- the Spicy Deluxe Chicken Sandwich and an order of small waffle fries for good measure. It was THE BEST fast food chicken sandwich I have ever had. Juicy, flavorful and just plain awesome. The finishing touch was 2 dill pickle slices nestled in the bottom of the bun. Gave my tastebuds just a hint of that southern style flavor and I'm usually one to remove the pickles. SO glad I didn't. I'm already planning my next visit so I can indulge in chicken sandwich goodness again very soon. Who wants to join me??

2 comments:

  1. YUM! You ask the girls where they want to eat out & the answer is always - Chick-Fil-A!

    ReplyDelete