8.14.2010

summer reading.

I posted at the beginning of the summer that I would be tackling Anna Karenina sometime this summer. Well, I didn't exactly get around to it. Not because I haven't been reading, but because a few other books have come up on my radar that I'd rather read! So I think Anna Karenina will be a fall/winter project...maybe I should just vow to read it before the end of 2010!

A few weeks back, my sister lent me The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. This book has become somewhat of a phenom, as everyone is reading it and it's being made into a movie. I read the prologue, and then a friend of mine made another book recommendation- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. This one is in the young adult lit genre and I wasn't sure I would enjoy it, but I put it on hold at the library anyway along with Catching Fire- the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy. I read the first page and couldn't put it down. I flew through both books at lightning speed and am now anxiously awaiting the final book of the trilogy- Mockingjay, which comes out at the end of the month. I've also recommended the book...and now my sister is hooked too.

So after I finished that, I started up The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo again, which started out slowly for me, but once I got about halfway through it, I was obsessed. Between reading and catching up with my DVR, I have lots of ways to keep me busy in my spare time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment