8.06.2010

funkified.

Maybe it's the relentless heat and humidity lately, the fact that summer is swiftly coming to a close, the non-sleeping of my youngest and his subsequent crankiness...or a combination of all three that has me in a definite funk lately. Every time I try dragging myself out of it, something else happens that pulls me right back in.

I'm sure a big reason has a lot to do with a friend losing her full-term baby earlier this week. I'm not a close friend by any means, but regardless, her loss has hit me hard. Why it takes a tragedy to help you see your life a bit more clearly will always be a mystery to me. All I know is that I'm hugging and kissing both my boys a little bit more these days and sending all the love and serenity I've got out to Sue and Nate who will undoubtedly be needing loads of support in the coming months as they cope with their unimaginable loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment