8.30.2010

change of plans.

I was supposed to tackle a long, 7 mile run this morning. Not happening. Not only was the heat and humidity ridiculously oppressing at 7 this morning, my sweet, adorable youngest was up for 3 hours last night which resulted in next to no sleep for Matt and me. Ugh. The only silver lining there are early naps for both boys...and I should really try to take a snoozer myself. But sleep during the day almost always totally eludes me. I am just not a napper. Just a professional rester. :)

Matt has taken a few vacation days this week so the extra long Labor Day weekend promises to be chock full of family fun! And a perfect official end to summer as...drumroll please...Logan starts pre-school next week!!! T-minus 9 days till my baby boy is off to school. I don't know where 4 years have gone but parenthood has been pretty spectacular so far so I'm really excited to see what the future has to offer! I just hope the next 4 years pass in slow motion. Who am I kidding? This week kicks things off with a parent orientation on Tuesday and new student orientation on Thursday. Maybe by then it will sink in that I have a pre-schooler!

On the healthy eating/lifestyle front...sigh. I'm having some difficulty there. Staying at an ideal weight, or what I think is an ideal weight for me, is a constant struggle. My love of running is not enough- especially when all I do is run- and then my body gets stuck in a rut. Also because I love to eat. Part of the reason why I'm on the go so much is that it helps me lay off the snacking. If I am home, the refrigerator and cabinets beckon to me and it's so hard to turn off that voice. So in an effort to kick start my efforts, I've started a 2 week diet plan that I hope will start turning the scale around soon. Here's hoping and praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment