10.29.2010

updating my makeup bag.

I love makeup. Although you would never guess it from how rarely I wear it, I truly adore the way I can transform my look with a swipe of mascara, a sweep of shadow and a dab of gloss. However, being a makeup minimalist comes with it's own set of difficulties. Like how to create a mid-drama look for going out...I am SO not the high-drama type. I do like shimmer...on my lids and on my lips, but not at the same time of course. But wearing shimmer the right way (you know, with my age and all) is a mystery that I have to work on unraveling. In the meantime, I picked up a couple of things this week to help.

Stila It-Girl Shadow Palette...only $10 at Ulta!As far as nail polish goes...I've always been a fan of the pale pink/nude shades- in any season. Until I saw how awesome dark polish looked on my sister's toes. So I decided to take the plunge. She was sporting OPI's William Tell Me About It- which was a great color, but a little too matte for my shimmer loving taste. I opted for Black Cherry Chutney. My toes will be rocking this fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment