10.11.2010

parties, pumpkins, perfection.

Hello out there! I'm sure you missed me, those precious few of you who have been following me and my family this past summer. We're a few weeks into fall now, though you'd never know it from the weather. Instead of bundling up in cozy sweaters and warming up with pumpkin spice lattes as I mentioned a few posts ago, we're trying to stay cool in this indian summer that has enveloped the Chicago area this past week. I have mixed feelings regarding the warm up...but I mostly wish that Mother Nature would let fall arrive already instead of teasing us with a season past. Picking pumpkins and going on hayrides just isn't the same in 85 degree weather!

We had such fun celebrating Logan's birthday for an entire week! What a special time for our family. His actual birthday was on a Tuesday, and he woke up to balloons and a special present from Mommy & Daddy. The celebration continued with meeting Daddy for lunch and a trip to the candy store...one of Logan's favorite places. I've never met a kid with a sweeter tooth! Thursday was Logan's birthday celebration at school. He got to wear a crown all day and he and his friends indulged in a special birthday pudding treat! All of Logan's other friends came over for a kidlet birthday party on Friday, where they gorged on sweet treats and cupcakes, played games and made a craft. The week was topped off by yet another celebration on Saturday with our closest friends and family. Whew! It was a supremely busy week, but so worth it to see the joy and happiness on Logan's face all week.

Just 6 days after Logan turned 4, I had a birthday. I turned 35 last week. Smack dab in the middle of my thirties. Incredible. I don't feel 35, I feel much younger, even though I've been seeing subtle differences in my looks the past couple years. This aging thing really plays with your head, that's for sure. Anyway, my husband spoiled me, as usual. Why is it that he goes above and beyond for my birthday, yet he won't let me reciprocate for his? My mom took me out for a special birthday lunch...sushi! I finally got the Chicago Fire Roll I'd been craving forever. Thanks, Mom...and happy birthday to me!

The pumpkin farm is a yearly excursion for our family. We've been to several, both near and far. This year, we made the 10 minute drive to Konow's Corn Maze. As I mentioned above, the weather was hot but we made the best of it. So many fun things to do. The boys rode ponies (Logan got Lady, Meyer chose Scout), jumped on the massive bouncy pillow (the size of a basketball court, no joke!), and Logan sank into a vat of corn kernels. We topped off our visit with a ride on the cow train...which is pulled by a tractor and is very bumpy. The boys and I had a ball! Till next year!

And last but not least...we took the train to the city to spectate at the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. So much fun walking the streets of the city and feeling the energy of the amazing runners taking on the challenge of 26.2. We indulged in a delicious brunch at Eleven City Diner, enjoyed the best Chicago Mix popcorn ever, and just took in all sights and sounds of the energy that day. Oh, and Matt and I also decided to run Chicago 2011. Yes...we are both going to run our first (and last) marathons!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment