4.28.2010

getting faster!!

This past weekend was such a fun one. On Saturday, Matt ran the Tiger 5K at the Chicagoland Speedway. What a cool race!! It actually takes place on the race track. The track is 1.5 miles long so the race consisted of 2 laps. I stayed on the sidelines with the kids to cheer on my husband (and ran into a friend doing the same thing!) but it was a cool race and one I definitely want to run next year! The weather was supposed to be crappy...it was definitely overcast but comfortable temperature wise and no rain! Matt was super quick...he finished in 24:54, which is a record for him. I was so proud. :)

Sunday I did my long run. 6 miles! Which took me 53:51 to run- I averaged just under 9 minute miles! And I felt great. I can't believe how quick I'm starting to get! I'm telling you- running with a jogging stroller is great endurance training!

No comments:

Post a Comment