4.19.2010

fun filled weekend!

We celebrated my husband's 35th birthday this weekend. What a milestone! 35. Wasn't it just yesterday we entered our 30's? Regardless, he's the sexiest 35 year old I know...hungover and all. :) Yesterday was a perfect day...walking around the zoo, cheeseburgers at Portillo's and just spending some quality time together as a family. I love my boys- all 3 of them!

Oh, and I'm super excited about one of his gifts! Matt's a runner too- albeit a casual one. He runs to keep in shape and will do a 5K occasionally. So as part of his birthday surprise, I registered him to run the Tiger 5K in Joliet. It's at the Chicagoland Speedway- 2 laps around the track! Since Matt's a racing fan I thought this would be fun for him. He loved the gift and is excited to run on 4/24- this coming Saturday. We're excited to cheer him on!

In running news, I'm still awaiting entry confirmation in the Chicago Marathon. I hope to have everything set in a week or two so I can get on to fundraising!! Hopefully I will have some fun news to report here soon, so stay tuned for that.

Training for my half marathon is going pretty well also! I did get some bummer news this week- my cousin Dana has an injury that will prevent her from running the half with me. I'm super sad about this but I guess that means I'll just have to run for the both of us! I really hope I can do her proud. Yesterday's run was supposed to be an easy 5 miles. I was going to take my time and run S.L.O.W. But even when I plan to run slow, it doesn't always happen- I finished in 47:13...and I felt great! It was one of those runs where I could have kept going forever. Those are my favorite kinds. :) I haven't set any finish goals for my half marathon...I wanted to set a personal record for the distance, I guess. If I keep running like this, that goal will be met for sure!

I read an article in Chicago Athlete magazine a few weeks ago about a 63 year old woman who can run like the wind. I felt some kind of connection to her because she didn't start hard-core running until after the birth of her 2nd child in her mid-thirties, much like me! She's become an inspiration to me...even though my running aspirations are not as high. I guess I should never say never though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment