3.20.2010

yesterday- 60...today- snow?

Only in Chicago is it completely normal for the weather to fluctuate so drastically. Yesterday my husband, boys and I took a trip into the city where the weather was gorgeous...and today- it's freezing and blowing snow. Absolute craziness!

I've completed my training for the 2010 Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle- which is TOMORROW!! My last training run was Thursday. I ran 2 miles late in the afternoon with my boys in the jogging stroller along the streets in a small subdivision behind my house. Goofy me- I forgot to time myself, but I know I ran those 2 miles in under 20 minutes. Yay for me! The extra weight and resistance that the jogging stroller provides, not to mention 50 pounds of kids inside, makes for one tough workout for sure. I'm slowly but surely building my endurance.

The only possible obstacle to obtaining a personal record in the 8K distance tomorrow will be the weather. Which is supposed to be more snow, wind and chill. Yuck. Mind over matter, I say!

Packet pick-up at Navy Pier was yesterday and as I mentioned above, we made a family trip out of it. The energy of the expo made me so excited for the race- I can't wait! I wanted to pick up a 13.1 sticker for the back of my car yesterday and I found one. I gave it to Logan to hand to the cashier- good move, because the man he handed it to was the marketing director for the race and thought Logan was cute and gave him the sticker for free! We tasted apple samples and I got some information about the Team in Training program for the Chicago Marathon. I'm going to head to an informational meeting and possibly join that team. We'll see! We headed out of the expo, grabbed burgers for lunch and Logan got to ride a train- the highlight of his day. And then it took us an hour and a half to get home thanks to traffic. The joys of suburban Chicago living!

So the plan for tomorrow is to be up and at 'em bright and early. Eunice and I are running together- and we're meeting on the train around 6:45 tomorrow morning to head into the city together! It's Eun's first Shuffle- I'm sure it won't be her last. I'm hoping to make this race a yearly tradition for us!

And then Monday commences training for my next race- 13.1 Chicago on June 13. BRING IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment