3.03.2010

time's a flying.

Looks like twenty-ten is already beginning to become a blur. It still amazes me that time seems to pass so slowly when we are in the moment and then becomes a distant, precious memory to look back on way too quickly. Just another reason to live life to the fullest and to appreciate all that I've been blessed with. The passage of time has also made me so aware of all of life's small and large blessings. Goodness...how serious have I become lately? :)

Onto what's been happening the past several weeks since I have posted. I have been training for my 2nd Shamrock Shuffle 8K here in Chicago. This is such a fun race and my best friend is running it with me so I'm super excited. I also just found out that I somehow qualified for a corral start- so that got me extremely pumped. Maybe I have some running potential after all! Right after the race, I start training for my 3rd half marathon. I've found that I'm so much better at being disciplined at my running if I have a goal set. Hence, my decision to run the 13.1 Chicago on June 13. And then after that...drumroll, please...

I start a 17 week training program to get ready for my very first marathon!

That's right, I've decided to give 26.2 miles a try and participate in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon on 10/10/10. Wow...how about that date??? I never thought I'd be a marathon runner, but I want to prove to myself I can do it. I have not yet set any goals for this race- I'll be happy with just finishing. And then no more marathon running for me. I guess never say never though. I did say I'd never run a full marathon and here we are!

My boys and I just spent 10 days in Marco Island, Florida. We had such fun and it was incredible being able to give the boys new experiences. Logan has found a love for building sandcastles, finding seashells and swimming with Grandpa Shawn while Meyer discovered he loves eating sand. Tasty. :) I had some wonderful experiences myself...blackened grouper sandwiches and rumrunners at the Snook Inn, watching the gorgeous sunsets while hugging my boys, late nights of wine and rummikub with my parents and long runs along the beach. It was paradise and the only thing missing was my husband. We missed him so much but he'll be able to come next time!!

Now I'm planning Meyer's 1st birthday party, enjoying time with my kids, redecorating my house and getting ready for a kid free weekend in Las Vegas for my beautiful cousin Kim's wedding. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment