1.10.2011

finally.

I'm using the word finally to describe many things happening in my life right now.

Finally, I've gotten around to purchasing the duvet cover and shams for our new bedroom. It's still not picture perfect yet, but it's getting there and I'll share the photos of the space here first!

Finally, Meyer is talking. I was worried for a few weeks there that he had delays, but this past weekend he began talking up a storm and repeating lots of words back to me. Walrus. Flamingo. And his first question, "Daddy home?" An amazing relief after a lot of communication frustrations.

Finally, my pregnancy-induced nausea has subsided! So that means I'm slowly but surely returning to the land of playdates and outings...and perhaps a jog here and there. But this also means that I'm also starting to look pregnant...and not where it counts. ;) Sure, the belly is starting to pop, but my chest feels and looks like it's been overtaken by 2 cantaloupes. Not very comfortable, that's for sure. So when my girlfriend called me today to ask me to join her for a run on the treadmill at the gym tomorrow, I was racking my brain trying to remember if I had a sports bra large enough to contain them! I know pregnancy boobs are a blessing to many, but they are a huge (no pun intended) nuisance to me.

Finally, we have reservations at Tallgrass! I have been dying to try this gem of a restaurant for ages. We've heard so many fabulous reviews about this place and I can't wait to see for myself what all the fuss is about. My husband is excited too...especially since he looked at the wine list and found they carry his absolute favorite- Jordan. We are going with friends who are also pregnant, so it looks like the guys will have to do all the drinking for us. Stay tuned for a review!

No comments:

Post a Comment